High-Efficiency Ammonia Refrigeration Compressor Fluid
NXT 717-HE can save facilities $1,500/year per compressor in energy costs over competitive fluids. 1
NXT-717-HE is a high-efficiency ammonia refrigeration compressor fluid specifically designed to lower energy consumption in compressors. This formulation utilizes the next generation of 2-stage hydrocracked base stocks and advanced additives to ensure outstanding performance and fluid life. It offers reduced lubricant carryover, improved low-temperature fluidity for better evaporator draining, and can help to reduce compressor energy consumption by up to 1.5%.
NXT 717-HE continues to be effective at temperatures beyond -51°C (-60°F), long after competitive fluids have stopped flowing efficiently. NXT 717-HE’s lower viscosities at these cold evaporator temperatures help ensure the lubricant remains mobile and easily pumpable, reducing the energy required to operate the compressor.
NXT 717-LT becomes NXT 717-HE
1: Taylor RI, Roy RC. Improved Efficiency By Lubricant Design: A Review. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 2000; 214J:1-15
- Can help reduce energy consumption by up to 1.5%
- Formulated specifically for use in ammonia refrigeration systems
- Low volatility, resulting in less carryover to evaporators
- High flash and auto-ignition points for added safety
- Low solubility with ammonia
- Protects against rust, corrosion, carbon and varnish
- High viscosity index for superior pumpability at lower temperatures and better protection at high temperatures
- Excellent film strength and anti-wear properties for better protection of compressor parts
- Thermal and oxidative stability promotes longer fluid life and extended oil-drain intervals