A: Extreme heat or cold, fluctuating temperatures, moisture/humidity, dust and dirt can shorten the life span of stored lubricants. For this reason, it is prudent to:
- Purchase lubricants in appropriately sized containers, apply a first-in-first-out rotation, and work with a supplier (such as Isel) to maintain just-in-time inventory
- Store lubricants indoors if possible, in a clean, dry location with a relatively stable, moderate temperature
- If outside storage is the only option, use devices such as tarpaulins and racks to shelter lubricants as much as possible from sunlight/heat, moisture and dirt
- Use clean dispensing equipment to minimize contamination by dirt, moisture or old oil residue when transferring lubricant from a storage container to machinery or another clean container
- Make sure that containers are kept properly closed to reduce the risk of contamination
Isel’s fast order turnaround time and just-in-time delivery can help you meet lubricant demands in a timely manner. We also offer a broad range of container sizes to suit virtually any need. What’s more, our lubricants are formulated for long fluid life, whether on the shelf or in service. For information about our lubricants and services, contact us.
Relevant Entries in this Category that May Interest You:
Isel is Now Part of DuBois Chemicals!
In 2020, Isel joined the DuBois Chemicals team! DuBois/Isel is proud to continue the tradition of manufacturing refrigeration solutions specializing in...Read More
ISEL to exhibit at Best Practices Compressed Air EXPO – 2021
Visit ISEL at the Best Practices Compressed Air EXPO which is held at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel in...Read More
MAKE-A-WISH TURNS 40 AND ISEL SHOWS THEIR SUPPORT
April 2020 On April 29, 1980, the first wish was granted. A seven-year-old boy who yearned to be a police...Read More